Action required regarding your absence functionality
As a valued client of Sage People, you may have seen the email that was sent on the 14th October confirming again that they will be deprecating the old Absence process.
Clients are urged to take immediate action to have the Time Off process enabled once the Winter '22 release is installed. For clarity we've added the deprecation timeline below. More information in this regard, can be found on the Sage People community article on Migrating from Absence to Time Off.
The Sage People Time Off process was created to replace the legacy Absence functionality, enhancing and improving their offering surrounding vacation and absence calculations. There are several new features that have been released requiring utilisation of Time Off that will benefit you as a client.
New Time Off features
- Work schedules: enable you to define and allocate set working times for your Team Members. Useful to show shift patterns for example.
- Enhanced accrual balances and accrual log: additional reportable fields on the absence balance object.
- Partial days: view of half days in the WX calendar.
- Outlook calendar files: ability to add absence/vacation requests into calendars.
Sage People Deprecation Timeline
- Effective Immediately - All clients should begin the transition to Time Off if not already using the new functionality. You may find it easiest to migrate at your plans' reset date(s), although this is not a requirement. Sage People Support Team will continue to accept support cases related to the Absence process as will Tugela's Managed Services team.
- Winter '22 release (est. Oct/Nov 2021): With this release the Time Off process will be switched on by default and all clients should be transitioned. The Absence Process will still exist within the HCM package but will no longer be supported by the Sage People Support Teams.
- Spring '22 release: The Time Off process cannot be deactivated, and the Absence code will be deprecated entirely.
Help is at hand
If you require additional information about this notification or require support in effecting any of these changes, our Managed Services team will be happy to assist you. Please contact us on tel +44(0)1908 030360 or email: email@example.com. Alternatively complete the ‘Get in touch’ form and a member of our team will contact you directly.