Payroll can be one of the most complex but crucial components to the success of your business. It's easy to underestimate the importance of a well-functioning payroll solution, especially when caught up in day-to-day operations. Additionally, the renewed interest in employee wellbeing is driving HR teams and the wider business to demand greater data and insight from the payroll function.
Our comprehensive payroll outsourcing service, also referred to as a Payroll Bureau, allows you to focus on what truly matters – growing your business - while leaving the demanding and complex payroll tasks to the experts.
A Fully Outsourced Payroll Service
Experience the convenience and expertise of our payroll outsourcing service and empower your business to thrive!
We are committed to providing a personalised service and are passionate about helping businesses grow by taking the hassle out of payroll.
Our payroll bureau offers a complete and flexible payroll service. We are committed to accuracy and compliance and provide a personal touch that larger payroll bureaus cannot match.
From calculating accurate payroll, handling employee benefits, managing pension contributions and providing detailed reporting, we can handle every aspect of payroll administration with the utmost precision and efficiency.
In addition, we offer affordable and transparent pricing, outstanding customer support, and a user-friendly online platform that simplifies the payroll process, helping our clients to streamline their payroll and HR functions and focus on their core business activities.
Our payroll bureau service caters to companies across the UK.
With our trusted payroll outsourcing service, you can gain peace of mind, streamline your processes, and unlock valuable time and resources to drive growth and success.
What's included: Payroll Bureau Features
We will manage all aspects of your payroll. Standard features of our service include:
- Payroll processing: data validation, calculations, and transactions.
- Comprehensive reporting packages, including variance and exception reports and HMRC, headcount and absence reporting.
- Payroll changes: this includes starters, leavers, and changes to terms.
- RTI (Real Time Information) submissions.
- Digital payslips and all the required employee documentation, such as P45 and P60.
- Employee self-service portal, which includes employee self-set up: This promotes efficiency and accuracy, empowers employees to take ownership of their payroll-related activities, and enhances data security, benefiting both employees and HR departments. Additionally, sensitive payroll data is protected by access controls, encryption, and secure authentication mechanisms to ensure that only authorised individuals can access and modify the information.
- End-of-year processing.
- P11D submissions or Payrolled Benefits.
- Pension auto-enrolment: employee enrolment process, including communications and data synchronisation, direct to pension providers.
Benefits of the service
- Ease of set up: straightforward and fast set-up process.
- Automated payment reminders to ensure you don't miss statutory payment deadlines.
- Simplified data input and output with automated data transfer, i.e., HMRC reporting obligations and payroll journals.
- In-system payroll authorisations with audit compliance mechanisms.
- Secure, coordinated communications between you and the bureau: The centralised message hub eliminates the need for emails and creates a visible audit trail of communications. Customers can enter all their payroll changes, view the status of their payroll at any time, communicate directly with their payroller and raise and monitor payroll queries. Additionally, this provides our customers with one area for all payroll queries to be logged, tracked, escalated, and resolved.
- Fully automated payroll scheduling with clearly defined roles that are set up and assigned as part of the onboarding process.
- Built-in automation to assess employees for statutory entitlements such as pension auto-enrolment and national living wages.
- Pre-configured integrations with recognised accounting packages in addition to Time & Attendance.
- Flexibility with system integration options and the ability to work to different schedules and company requirements.
Benefits to your organisation
- Improve efficiency and accuracy: Remove the stress and burden of managing payroll and free up your employees to focus on other, more strategic aspects of their roles. Accuracy is also enhanced by minimising the touch points where errors can occur.
- Reduce costs and streamline processes:Save money by outsourcing payroll services to a bureau rather than employing additional staff to handle these tasks. Payroll bureaus can also help businesses avoid costly penalties for payroll errors or late payments.
- Legislative compliance: Ensure compliance with the latest laws and HMRC regulations, avoid compliance issues and penalties and mitigate risk. We also offer a comprehensive and consolidated approach to data protection, ensuring our customers' GDPR compliance.
- Data security assured: ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2022 certified service provider using ISO certified software solutions to manage your payroll.
- Enhance employee satisfaction: With timely and accurate payroll according to predetermined payroll schedules, you can be confident that your people will be paid correctly, on time, every time!
- Empower your workforce: Through our self-service portal and mobile application, employees can conveniently retrieve essential payroll information and reports (along with supplementary data when utilising advanced features). They can also independently manage specific payroll responsibilities, such as inputting personal information and updating banking details. This effectively diminishes the need for manual data entry by HR personnel.
- Transparency: Enjoy a transparent pricing model with no hidden costs – simply pay per employee.
- Expert support: Benefit from the support provided by local, certified, and highly experienced payroll professionals with CIPP qualifications and a wealth of expertise in managing the entire end-to-end payroll process. We also offer expert support and guidance to help our customers navigate the complex payroll regulations in the UK.
Why partner with Tugela People?
- Small, personable team offering a ‘human-to-human’ point of contact for all aspects of the service provided, including support and advice. We prioritise direct communication rather than relying on anonymous inboxes.
- Real-time visibility of payroll processing stages.
- Easy to communicate with and ways to resolve queries.
- Clear and well-defined project planning, onboarding and ongoing payroll processing.
- Market-leading cloud-based, award-winning and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified payroll software.
- Certified and experienced CIPP-qualified payroll professionals and ISO 9001 & 27001 certified.
- 11-year proven track record of people systems consulting.
- Ability to understand and consult on complex technical requirements.
- Systems implementation, support, and integration specialists.
More than just Payroll
Alongside your payroll, we can provide you with additional integrated services, including:
Third-Party Payment Services
Explore the efficiency of our third-party payment services. In addition to our Payroll Bureau, we offer a seamless third-party payment solution for hassle-free employee payments. No more screen grabs or endless email threads—experience effortless pay run creation, funding, and processing. Our platform simplifies BACS payments, allowing instant transactions upon approval, eliminating the standard three-day wait. Integrated with your payroll, it synchronises seamlessly with systems like Employment Hero and Xero. Extend its functionality to process payments for HMRC, pension providers, and DWP. Embrace a centralised platform for synchronised payroll, accounting, and payments
Absence accruals in addition to booking and approvals. Employees have instant access to leave balances and can easily submit leave requests using their phones and receive prompt notifications when they are approved, thus eliminating the need for email requests and preventing communication gaps. Employees can also view their team’s absence.
Makes timesheet entry process quick and easy for both managers and employees. Our system makes submitting timesheets and accessing real-time reporting hassle-free. You can create, edit, and review timesheets online from any device and add notes and breaks. Approved timesheets get automatically added for payment in the relevant pay period.
Simplify the expense management process and make it quick and easy for employees to get paid. Employees can submit expense reimbursements with attachments, making manager approval easy.
This solution makes it easy to build rotas to budget, notify employees and manage staff availability. All these tasks can be done in one place, which creates a reliable source of truth for shift work.
Time & Attendance
Employees can log their start, finish, and break times through the mobile app or the Employee Portal, ready for manager approval. Additionally, the app provides push notifications that keep employees informed about shift changes, cancellations, updates, or requests for shift swaps from colleagues.
System Integration Services
In today's fast-paced digital landscape, the seamless integration of various software systems and applications has become a critical aspect of business operations. Organisations can unlock significant business-wide benefits and gain a competitive edge by connecting systems and enabling seamless data flow. Specialising in cloud-based systems, we offer powerful Systems Integration services, leveraging the power of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) solutions. Our integration services are not just about connecting systems; they are about optimising processes, enhancing data flow, and ensuring that your organisation operates at peak efficiency.
To find out more about Tugela People Payroll and discuss your requirements, please reach out to us on +44(0)1908 030360 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, complete the ‘Get in touch’ form, and a member of our team will be in contact with you.
Download your copy of the Tugela People Payroll brochure now:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is managed payroll right for my business?
Managed payroll can be an excellent choice for businesses looking to simplify payroll, ensure accuracy, and maintain compliance with regulations. Evaluate your specific circumstances and needs to determine whether it’s the right fit for your business.
How much does outsourcing payroll cost?
With Tugela People Payroll, you enjoy a transparent pricing model with no hidden costs – beyond initial setup costs, simply pay per employee. Once you engage with our expert payroll team, these will be discussed.
How does Tugela People get my payroll data?
Data is transferred securely via our payroll management platform. It can either be entered directly against the employee or multiple changes can imported in one transaction. Or if you currently export data from your HR system, you can upload the extract to the platform for processing. We can also explore bespoke integrations that can automate this process.
Will my data be secure?
At Tugela People, we have taken extensive measures to ensure the utmost data security. We are proud to be ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2022 certified, demonstrating our commitment to maintaining high-quality services and robust information security management systems. Additionally, our payroll solutions leverage ISO-certified software, reinforcing the integrity and confidentiality of your data.
How much control do I retain?
Our centralised message hub enables our clients to enter all their payroll changes, view the status of their payroll at any time, communicate directly with their payroller and raise and monitor payroll queries. With our in-system digital authorisation process, no payment will be made without your approval. We also build payroll previews into the process to ensure that nothing gets paid until you are 100% certain that it is correct.
What is the setup process, and will there be any disruption to my business?
There will be no disruption to your business. Our onboarding process has been designed to facilitate a smooth transition whether you are currently with another payroll provider or transitioning from an in-house solution. Payroll is a critical business process, so changing payroll provider does pose a risk to business continuity. This is why extra care is taken to map out the transition step-by-step with built-in audit and validation mechanisms. The goal is for your employees to experience minimal disruption when switching providers, except for the added benefits they will receive.
Will you provide payslips?
We understand the importance of providing clear and accessible payslips to both you and your employees. Our payroll services generate payslips automatically as part of our streamlined process. These payslips are readily accessible to your employees through a secure and user-friendly employee self-service portal. This portal ensures that employees can conveniently retrieve their payslips whenever needed, reducing administrative overheads and promoting transparency.
Will pension contributions be taken care of?
Your pension contributions will be expertly managed as part of our comprehensive services. We take care of the entire employee enrolment process, which includes seamless communication and data synchronisation, all done directly with pension providers. Simultaneously, we synchronise this data directly with the pension providers, ensuring that contributions are accurately and promptly processed.
What if I change my mind and want to bring payroll back into the business?
If you find that managed payroll isn’t the right fit for your needs, you have the flexibility to bring the payroll function back in-house, subject to the terms of your contract. We will collaborate with you to ensure a seamless transition, minimising any disruptions to your business operations.