Sage People are getting ready to release their next set of enhancements with the Sage People Summer ‘20 Release. With this latest release, they are aiming to improve efficiencies and offer users more flexible ways of working while improving engagement.
- Reward planning: Further to the beta release, the salary and bonus planning suite is now available to all Sage People customers. The new reward planning suite makes the set-up of both salary and bonus plans much more intuitive, empowering managers to effectively reward and retain talent.
- Partial day absence: Partial days for time-off booked is now available in the calendar view. This feature development significantly improves user experience when viewing time-off at a glance. To use this new feature customers must be using the new time-off process. Once activated, users can open their individual or team calendar view where they will be able to see time off including partial days which is now visualized in the calendar.
- Absence and Compensation API: Sage People continues work on building out an API suite to support the connection of 3rd party systems with these two new additions. The absence and compensation APIs will form part of what will ultimately become the suite for APIs for 3rd party payrolls.
Early Adopter programs
Sage People are also working with a handful of selected customers that are taking part in these Early Adopter programs. More information about these will be provided in future updates:
- People Management Workflow – employee changes: A new initiative that significantly enhances the process of creating and updating employee data. This will deliver a new straightforward process, improving the experience for both managers and administrators from one single feature; for onboarding, managing employee changes and termination.
- Enhanced objectives: This supports employees and managers to respond to change by setting individual and team goals that are flexible, aligned, and achieved in incremental steps with our new enhanced objectives functionality.
- New mobile app: Sage People aim to provide a seamless and modern mobile experience through their brand new mobile app, which will take full advantage of mobile features such as face and fingerprint ID, font and display size adjustment and call features, enabling users to carry out faster HR and People processes, resulting in far superior experiences for your employees.
- Enhanced summary process: The summary process displays team member information for your organization in the WX portal, e.g. total number of current employees, employee birthdays, or new hires in the next seven days. This new enhancement will make a big impact on the WX landing page for employees in terms of look and feel and make the UI more engaging and interactive. The summary process tiles can now be branded to complement the customers organizational colour scheme. Employee birthdays can be displayed as a carousel with a customizable background enabling you to scroll rather than just being a static number. Defined more user-friendly configuration templates for setting up summary processes.
- US employment eligibility verification: It is a legal requirement to verify the eligibility of employees to work in the United States using a form called I-9. The employment eligibility verification process is initiated in Sage People. It will guide you through the steps to complete Section 1 of the I-9 through E-Verify. The I-9 status will be tracked in the team member record with an audit trail.
Tugela People are here to help
If you require more details about any of the information contained in this release, or would simply like to run something by us, we’re here to help.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll respond to your specific query, arrange a phone call, or a Microsoft Teams screen share.
We pride ourselves in helping our customers to maximise their investment in Sage People.