With the New Year here, Jamie Wilkins, Principal Managed Services Consultant shares his handy end-of-year housekeeping tips to help you check that your Sage People system continues to runs smoothly.
Sage People 2020 Checklist:
- If you use exchange rates and they need to be updated annually, so remember to update them.
- Check that Sage People licences for all leavers have been deactivated and review that there are enough licences available for your medium-term requirements.
- Remember to create absence adjustments for 2020 for those who have them.
- Check date ranges on scheduled reports to ensure they mirror the company financial year. But be aware that this feature is not available in Lightning and alternative scheduling approaches would need to be used.
- Remember to post your Festive and New Year messages on your Employee Self Service or better still schedule them to appear/disappear.
- For those using strategic objectives, remember to edit the strategic objectives picklist to align with the Company’s 2020 Corporate Objectives.
- Remember to check that Snapshot reporting is working and is scheduled to run in case you need headcount figures as at the end of the year.
- Check that public holidays (bank holidays) not set as “reoccurring” are correct for 2020 (and beyond if you have future years). Do note in 2020 the May Day Bank Holiday has been moved back four days to coincide with the 75th anniversary of VE Day.
- Check that Hold Absence Balances are set to run, as this is very useful for reporting.
- Those using the Resource Manager, remember your new Active Resource Plan for 2020 to track the budgeted and signed off New positions.
- Remember to check that Carry Over has been set up on your absence accrual patterns.
- Consider setting up and using Pulse surveys to capture feedback from employees for an end of year engagement check-in.
- Also, consider using WX Reports if you don’t already – they can give Managers insights into their team’s performance over the last year, including absence, objectives and recognition, and ensure they can effectively track performance over the year to come.
- Schedule any annual compliance notices to appear on the Employee Self-Service and track which employees have signed the agreement.
- Review new functionality in the Winter 20 release such as Conversations, People Groups, Time and HR Request enhancements, as well as new Hiring Manager Field Sets
- Lastly, are you ready for Lightning? The Salesforce Lightning experience is now scheduled for Sage People’s January 20 release and will offer a more intuitive and optimised user interface for your HR Portal, as well as system enhancements.
These elements can all be part of the Sage People Managed Services we offer to help clients get the most out of their system. Our Managed Service packages not only provide peace of mind knowing that you are optimising your Sage People investment, but you also benefit from industry best practice from an experienced partner.
We can support you by completing full system healthcheck/audits, or alternatively longer term support in the form of a partnership – we offer solutions that work best for you, your people and your processes thus freeing up HR resources to focus on core objectives.
Take a look at our popular Sage People Managed Services packages where we take away the hassle of making sure Sage People is running efficiently.
Call us on +44 (01908) 030360 to find out more.