With the New Year nearly here, we’ve put together this handy checklist of Sage People end-of-year housekeeping tips to ensure you start 2019 with Sage People running smoothly.
Our 2019 Sage People Checklist:
- If you use exchange rates and they need to be updated annually, do remember to update them.
- Check that Sage People licences for all leavers have been deactivated and review that there are enough licences available for your medium-term requirements.
- Remember to create absence adjustments for 2019 for those who have them.
- Check date ranges on scheduled reports to ensure they mirror the company financial year.
- Remember to post your Christmas and New Year messages on your Employee Self Service or better still schedule them to appear/disappear.
- For those using strategic objectives, remember to edit the strategic objectives picklist to align with the companies 2019 Corporate Objectives.
- Remember to check that Snapshot reporting is working and is scheduled to run in case you need headcount figures as at the end of the year.
- Ensure that public holidays (bank holidays) that are not set as “reoccurring” are entered for 2019 (and beyond if you have future years).
- Remember to check that Hold Absence Balances has been set to run, as this is very useful for reporting.
- Those using the Resource Manager, remember your new Active Resource Plan for 2019 to track the budgeted and signed off New positions.
- Remember to check that Carry Over has been set up on your absence accrual patterns.
- Consider setting up and using Pulse surveys to capture feedback from employees for an end of year engagement check-in.
- Also consider using WX Reports if you don’t already, they can give Managers insights into their team’s performance over the last year, including absence, objectives and recognition, and ensure they can effectively track performance over the year to come.
- Finally, schedule any annual compliance notices to appear on the Employee Self Service and track which employees have signed the agreement.
Or alternatively check out our Sage People managed services packages where we take away the hassle of making sure Sage People is running efficiently. Call us on +44 (01908) 030360 to find out more.